1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2000 Toyota Tundra 4.7 checking Tranmission fluid level.

Discussion in 'Sequoia 1st Gen (2001-2007)' started by 2000TundraPurpleHaze, Dec 29, 2023.

1. Dec 29, 2023 at 8:19 AM
    2000TundraPurpleHaze

2000TundraPurpleHaze [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Colin
    Westport, Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    2000Tundra 4.7 AC Limited
    I have a 2000 Tundra limited that I purchased the beginning of October 2023 from a friend in the mountains in North Carolina. Before I became the owner at 114000 miles he had a problem with the transmission locking up on him while going in reverse. He had the transmission rebuilt for 4,520. I drove it to Connecticut where I live with no problems. I had it undercoated because of what they put on the roads in the winter. I had the engine light come on 2 days ago. The code I got was p0770 which is for the torque converter solenoid switch in the transmission. I checked the transmission fluid using the dip stick and as far as I could tell it looked fine. You really have to snake the dip stick to get it all the way in. My question is where on the dip stick should the level be just so I am confident it is full. It looked fine to me and didn’t smell any burnt smell. Any advise would be appreciated.

To Top