1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2012 Tundra Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor (APPS) or TPS problems? Help

Discussion in '2nd Gen Tundras (2007-2013)' started by JBTrickle85, Nov 24, 2023.

1. Nov 24, 2023 at 1:19 PM
    JBTrickle85

JBTrickle85 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Alright everyone, My 2012 Tundra 4.6L has started with a new problem. I just noticed this the past couple of days. The other morning, I jumped in the truck to run an errand. Headed down the road and the truck felt like it was responding to my throttle input very well. I accelerated hard and there was a long hesitation before it finally responded and accelerated.

Earlier this afternoon I had the same problem again. felt like no matter how hard I pressed the pedal, it took a very long delay to respond. I did have slow acceleration but it was like the pedal was dead if I pressed any harder.

The weird thing is it seems once I get it to respond that first time, Its been reacting fine after that until the next drive after shutoff.

I dont think its transmission related, all gears shift fine when the truck is running properly plus I did a recent service. No problems with rough idling and no problems with surging. Just with acceleration. No codes yet and no limp mode yet.

Can this be symptomatic of the Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor? Any other possible ideas on what it can be? I thought other possibilities could be MAFS or TPS as well, but I believe those usually show signs of surging or rough idling.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

2. Aug 19, 2024 at 10:27 AM
    RegimeChange

RegimeChange New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    13 Platinum Crewmax
    Muffler delete.
    I haven't had that symptom.... yet. I have codes showing for a TPS sensor. My truck wont even fire up. It'll crank, but wont run. Wondering if mine just "went out" completely.

3. Aug 20, 2024 at 6:28 AM
    RegimeChange

RegimeChange New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    13 Platinum Crewmax
    Muffler delete.
    Im having similar issues. Getting codes for pedal and TB. Cranks good, but doesnt fire.

Products Discussed in

To Top