1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Best tonneau cover options for First Gen Tundra (2004)

Discussion in 'Tonneau Covers, Caps and Shells' started by Halsted, Jul 15, 2024.

1. Jul 15, 2024 at 11:38 AM
    Halsted

Halsted [OP] New Member

Member:
    Recently bought a 2004 Tundra Access Cab (6'4" bed I believe), and I'm looking at tonneau cover options. Unfortunately there aren't a lot out there that I can see.

I'm looking for rollout or retractable. I want to be able to access the whole bed when I need it. Need moderate security. Want to be able to lock it up when I'm away, but I also know that if someone really wants in, they will get in. Won't be storing anything super valuable, but nice to be able to lock up your camping stuff to keep honest people honest when you're away. I know none of them are 100% waterproof but want to keep things as dry as I can.

I have found these:

Weathertech - was leaning towards this one when I thought their warranty was really good but it seems people have had trouble with it in recent years. Does not appear to cover bed rails.

Truxedo Truxport - 5 year warranty. Covers bed rails. Anyone with experience using the warranty?

Any others I'm missing and should consider? I checked the FAQ and didn't see anything covering this. Thanks in advance.

Products Discussed in

To Top