1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

BSM Codes C1AB4 & C1AB5

Discussion in 'Electrical' started by RevaDad, Jun 9, 2024.

1. Jun 9, 2024 at 8:56 AM
    RevaDad

RevaDad [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tundra CrewMax SR5
    I've been lurking on Tundras.com for over a year. I signed up today and this is my first post.
    I'm installing a KTJO Power Folding Mirror kit on my 2020 Tundra SR5 CrewMax. After completing the installation but before connecting to 12V power, I checked to be certain the standard mirror functions (BSM, Heat, and adjustment) still work properly with the KTJO controller and switch in the loop. BSM is normal. I could not confirm if the Heat function is working or not. However, the adjustments behave oddly... Right=Down, Left=Up, Down=Left, and Up=Right. I disconnected the KTJO kit (without removing the wiring) and reinstalled the stock mirror control switch. The problem remains with the stock switch installed.
    My scan tool revealed C1AB4 and C1AB5 (Open in Outer Mirror indicator, Master & Slave respectfully) codes. I cleared the codes, test drove it for ~25 minutes, and rescanned. No codes appeared, but the problem persists.
    Searching the forums, I came across @RainMan_PNW's excellent Ultimate TUNDRA Wiring Diagrams Collection (https://www.tundras.com/threads/ultimate-tundra-wiring-diagrams-collection.81448/). Now I know how I'll be spending my Sunday afternoon... digging into the EWDs.
    I
    also found an old post by @FrozenTundra8 (https://www.tundras.com/threads/bsm-codes.111286/#post-2872247) with the same codes but no responses.
    Has anyone else had an issue with the side mirror control like this? Any help would be appreciated.

2. Jun 9, 2024 at 5:23 PM
    RainMan_PNW

RainMan_PNW SSEM #82 RGBA #4 “That Guy” Vendor?

Member:
    First Name:
    Casey
    Clark County, WA
    Vehicle:
    2021 Lunar Rock TRD Pro CM
    Check the build link in my signature.
    So help you God…
    Who knows what hacked up half-baked crap they sold you.

3. Jun 10, 2024 at 4:38 AM
    RevaDad

RevaDad [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tundra CrewMax SR5
    Yeah, but I enjoy a good puzzle. I'll shoot out the relevant wires/connectors next weekend to ensure I didn't damage something while pulling the harness wires. There must be a break in a wire, probably in the pass-through between the cab and door. If you have any ideas...

Products Discussed in

To Top