1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Does Carista void any factory warranty?

Discussion in '3rd Gen Tundras (2022+)' started by mallard386, Jul 16, 2024.

1. Jul 16, 2024 at 4:31 PM
    mallard386

mallard386 [OP] New Member

Member:
    I might’ve missed this and I’m sure it’s been discussed, but does editing any of the factory settings with carista effect any warranty items? I’m sure some Toyota tech at the dealership can see you went in and adjusted things like AC temp and 5 blinks on the turn signals. I just want to semi verify before I do it to a brand new truck

2. Jul 17, 2024 at 7:54 AM
    eddiefromcali

eddiefromcali New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eddie
    Vehicle:
    2022 Tundra Platinum
    100% Stock
    ask your dealer...who cares what some guy posts in a thread about something they have no control over?

3. Jul 17, 2024 at 8:05 AM
    PVT Pablo

PVT Pablo

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Kitsap County, WA
    Vehicle:
    2023 Tundra Platinum Hybrid
    Dobinsons IMS 2"/1", BMS 1" Wheel spacers with OEM Platinum Wheels. Icon Sway Bar Spacer. 285/65/20 Firestone Destination XT Tires.
    Dude, if we acted like that for every question there wouldn't be a forum. Answering, "Ask your dealer" isn't an answer. If you don't know, move along. If you have helpful insight then post it. Don't discourage this guy from asking questions.

OP, refer to the Magnuson-Moss Warranty act. In a nut shell however your warranty is still fully in effect until your aftermarket modifications cause issues to OEM components that you then later try to get a warranty repair.

Example:
    1.) You use Carista to get rid of seat belt alarm. Your exhaust falls off. The dealership cannot deny warranty unless they can prove your meddling caused the exhaust failure.

People will jump in and say, "My dealership denied my claim!!". It's all case by case. I think you'll be just fine using Carista.

Nio9, Bnewman077 and 75tranzam like this.
  4. Jul 17, 2024 at 8:11 AM
    DFS

DFS New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2022 Capstone Tundra
    But if your A/C goes out after you make Carista modifications to the A/C programming, don't be surprised if warranty is denied.

5. Jul 17, 2024 at 8:21 AM
    eddiefromcali

eddiefromcali New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eddie
    Vehicle:
    2022 Tundra Platinum
    100% Stock
    It most definitely is a valid answer. You/we can argue all day long on what can/will/should/cant/wont/shouldnt impact our warranty but at the end of the day, it is up to the dealer you go to to make that call. We've all seen dealers handle same situations completely differently. His safest best is to ask his service advisor...they might even do it for free since it's something they can do.

If you tell him its ok and his dealer denies it, will you take responsibility?

I am free to answer however tf I want, respectfully....plain and simple...dont like my answer? theres always the ignore button. :thumbsup:

6. Jul 17, 2024 at 8:23 AM
    Matt2015Tundra

Matt2015Tundra New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2023 1794 CrewMax
    If anything fails relating to the Carista settings changes, couldn't you just change them back to the original settings? Or would the dealership still know you made the changes in the first place?

7. Jul 17, 2024 at 8:24 AM
    eddiefromcali

eddiefromcali New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eddie
    Vehicle:
    2022 Tundra Platinum
    100% Stock
    could do that, who knows if the computer logs the changes...its possible

8. Jul 17, 2024 at 8:28 AM
    DFS

DFS New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2022 Capstone Tundra
    Pretty sure there's a history log, and that's warranty fraud. But I'm sure people do it every day, just doesn't sit well with me.

9. Jul 17, 2024 at 8:34 AM
    Matt2015Tundra

Matt2015Tundra New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2023 1794 CrewMax
    I doubt anything could fail relating to shutting off the fake engine noise and seatbelt warning chimes. The AC calibration change could present a warranty problem, I suppose, but it was worth that minor risk to me.

10. Jul 17, 2024 at 8:42 AM
    TRD_TUNDRA

TRD_TUNDRA New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2024 Tundra TRD Off Road and 2024 Sequoia TRD Pro
    Here’s my own experience, take it for what it’s worth.

I bought a Carista mainly for the a/c adjustment. My wife drives a ‘24 Sequoia and I drive the ‘24 Tundra. Her a/c never performed as well as we felt it should. Mine has been fine and noticeably better then hers. We had initially taken it to the dealership where they claimed to have checked it and it was normal.

I bought the Carista and made the adjustment but it didn’t help much on the Sequoia. We brought it back to the dealership, with the -2 adjustment still there. The dealership checked it out again and determined the Freon was overfilled. They adjusted the level back to factory spec and so far the a/c works great. Nothing was ever mentioned to us about the change in settings from the Carista and everything was handled under warranty.

Products Discussed in

To Top