1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

End Cap Install

Discussion in '2.5 Gen Tundras (2014-2021)' started by contenderv07, Aug 26, 2022.

1. Aug 26, 2022 at 6:15 AM
    contenderv07

contenderv07 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Hey everyone, I'm gonna be getting some colormatched endcaps for my 2019 limited. I was thinking about getting the shells but this deal was too good to pass up. Looking at youtube this install looks kind of like a PITA. Is this video making it LOOK harder than it is?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ku9ydEnLnpU

On a side note, if I go this route, since I already have to take the fogs out, is there an LED plug and play option for those??

Clemshady and bradj1 like this.
  2. Aug 26, 2022 at 7:49 PM
    Clemshady

Clemshady Bama Storm Trooper

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Vehicle:
    2017 Super White Limited DC TRD 4x4 Offroad
    \ Factory OEM LED Tundra Pro headlight upgrade Diode Dynamic amber Pro fogs 3" DD amber Pro ditch lights SDHQ ditch brackets 42" DD light bar SwitchPro 9100 Pedal Commander Vinyl wrapped bumpers Painted calipers Painted horns Chrome delete complete ARE CX Evolve Topper TRD rear swaybar Matching door handles and mirror caps Oh shit handle upgrade Matching grille surround/hood bulge TRD PRO insert grille BBS Forged TRD PRO wheels Coachbuilder +3 shackles Eibach Pro 2.0 Coilovers and rear shocks
    I watched the YouTube video and in my opinion it is easier to just remove the whole front bumper, crash bar and all. Whole bumper assembly is only held on by four bolts on each side. You will have to remove grill to get to these bolts and a ratcheting wrench makes it much easier to get to them. I pull my truck up on ramps to make it an upward angle so bumper doesn’t fall off when removing bolts. Fog light housing assembly can be removed prior with a plastic pry tool from the front. Just wedge in at edge of housing and pop them out. You probably have TSS sensor that will have to be unplugged too on your 2019.

Do the end caps one at a time so you can reference where all the bolts go back into. If you are getting plastic end cap replacements you will need a different plastic piece to fasten them back into fender wells.

Not a hard job, just take your time and realize that having whole bumper off will give you easier access to everything.

As far as new fog lights, check out Diode Dynamics, they have plug and play for the Tundras. Good luck.

3. Aug 27, 2022 at 5:12 AM
    contenderv07

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    awesome thanks for that!!! I've done some mods to this truck all from the help of youtube (grille, bulge, ESP underseat storage, grab handle, door handles) so I'm very visual. These are the ed caps I got. They haven't been installed just from looking I think you have to cut some tabs, and those tabs look like they're still there
    upload_2022-8-27_8-12-14.jpg

Clemshady[QUOTED] likes this.
  4. Aug 29, 2022 at 7:42 AM
    JDR76

JDR76 New Member

Member:
    WA
    Vehicle:
    2021 1794 TRD OFF ROAD
    I replaced my front ones. Not the most fun, but it wasn't too bad. I just did one at a time.

contenderv07[OP] likes this.
  5. Aug 29, 2022 at 7:43 AM
    contenderv07

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    awesome did you just remove the whole bumper?

6. Aug 29, 2022 at 8:04 AM
    JDR76

JDR76 New Member

Member:
    WA
    Vehicle:
    2021 1794 TRD OFF ROAD
    I did not. I just loosened up one side at a time. If I were to do it again, I think I'd drop the whole bumper. My way was do-able, but it was tight to work with. A bloody-knuckle kind of affair. :D

7. Aug 29, 2022 at 8:27 AM
    contenderv07

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    gotcha, probably just need to plan a day for it and take my time

Products Discussed in

To Top