1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Freshly Installed Go Rhino Dominator Extreme D6 Running Boards

Discussion in '3rd Gen Tundras (2022+)' started by Troa, May 14, 2022.

1. May 14, 2022 at 1:15 PM
    Troa

Troa [OP] I blue it again.......

Member:
    Nomad
    Vehicle:
    2022 Blueprint Limited
    Just installed them yesterday, along with the color matched mustache. Install was super easy. Ended up with a little bit of a back slope relative to the bottom of the rocker panel so I adjusted the front bracket (where it attaches to the body) all the way down and the rear bracket all the way up. This evened it out pretty well. Still a LITTLE bit of slope, but not nearly as noticeable now.

Have the added drop steps en route, but not sure if I will need them or not. We will see after the bigger tires go on in a few days and whether or not I raise the front up a bit. I'll post some pics here once I mock them up so everyone can see.

I really like the steps so far (It's only been a day though). I had legit sliders on the Taco with quite a bit of upward sweep for clearance so they weren't usable as steps at all and I always wished I had got something more flat like this. I'm used to getting out over sliders so these are perfect for me. I can step on them or avoid them both getting in or out, depending on how I'm feeling. I may get some 3M grip tape for the top of the outer layer if I find it's slick in the wet, but this may also tear up the back of my pants when I slide out without using the step so we will see.

Keep in mind these have a slider look but attach to the body, not the frame, so they are not really sliders. They do offer some protection for your rocker panels if soft roading and will help block road spray/rocks/mud/snow from hitting your doors, which is partly why I got them. I wish they went wheel to wheel like my old sliders so I could step on them to access things in the bed that are our of reach, but.

If you missed it before, I posted a coupon code for 20% off on Go Rhino's website if you're looking to get some for yourself. I'm not affiliated or anything, just trying to help save you some monies. Dunno how long it'll be good for, but here you go: 2022ROYALTY

Last edited: May 14, 2022
    DdoubleD and Yaboy like this.
  2. May 14, 2022 at 1:28 PM
    Yaboy

Yaboy New Member

Member:
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    22 limited off-road
    Great steps, I had them on my Tacoma but the back end gets chipped and rusts. Sand blast and lineX is necessary within 5 years.

3. May 14, 2022 at 1:37 PM
    Troa

Troa [OP] I blue it again.......

Member:
    Nomad
    Vehicle:
    2022 Blueprint Limited
    Yea, I've been worried about rust with them being steel, but I didn't wanna spend $1k on aluminum steps when I might upgrade to actual sliders down the road once there are more options. We will see how I end up using the truck. I sandblasted and rhinolined the sliders on my Taco and loved how tacky and non-slip it was

Yaboy likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top