1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Lifted my pop-up camper.

Discussion in 'Outdoors' started by MountainMan, Jun 19, 2024.

1. Jun 19, 2024 at 8:30 PM
    MountainMan

MountainMan [OP] New Member

Member:
    Idaho/Washington border
    Vehicle:
    2021 1794 Edition
    Bilstein 5100s, 285/70R17s, Tuff Country rear add-a-leaves, Rough Country rear bumper, Rough Country CAI, Dirty Deeds Ind. straight pipe kit, Ironman Raid front bumper, 13k lb. winch, Leer topper, custom rack, Decked bed drawer system, AuxBeam fogs, Midland CB radio.
    This is the second pop-up camper that I've done the leaf spring flip on and it was also the toughest.

I inherited this 2008 Fleetwood last year from my father when he passed away. I've been repairing and restoring it the past month or so. He kept it indoors in a shop, but used it to attend rifle matches year-round and all over the country. It has a lot of miles on it, and much of that was in the winter months with salt on the roads, so the bolts underneath were tough to get out.

I had to resort to using a cutting wheel on one side of the axle.

But, I went from 22" tires to 26" tires, and with the leaf springs now on top of the axle, I got a total of nearly 9" of extra clearance.

20240619_190818.jpg

20240619_190937.jpg

Cruiserpilot, bflooks and gosolo like this.
  2. Jun 19, 2024 at 8:45 PM
    gosolo

gosolo You Don’t Know Who I Am But I Know Where You Live

Member:
    First Name:
    Ray (or maybe Dale)
    NW Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2015 DC Super Fine Super White Pro
    2"CB shackles, bushings and 1 shim, lockerdown console vault, rear folding seat back mod, snugtop shell with opening side windows, 46g fuel tank, SDHQ sliders and hidden winch, Decked Drawers, Alcan leaf springs and got rid of the interior chrome
    Yep, I’ve done that too. With a solar panel and dual batteries + an extra propane bottle I could stay in the wild country for a couple weeks in style

Edit; I no longer have the camper, nor do I have any need. Not going camping anymore

Last edited: Jun 19, 2024

Products Discussed in

To Top