1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Motor Trend Reviews and the Like

Discussion in 'General Sequoia Discussion' started by Yotakin, Mar 1, 2024.

1. Mar 1, 2024 at 12:12 PM
    Yotakin

Yotakin [OP] New Member

Member:
    Curious, Why do the review sites like Motor Trend give the Sequoia's a last place rating or place them below the Tahoe's in most every year review? I just don't get it. As I pondered this I looked at resale values and guess what - Sequoia's hold their value well past 5yrs. So is this some backend marketing influence from GM or what? I took a look at the infamous Land Cruiser and nothing even compares. 2020 Landcruiser - 78K with 60Kmiles. 2008 with 200K Miles 30K. So something just seems stinky about the reviews that gets me a bit twisted.

BTW I am looking for a Sequoia and these things are difficult to get your hands on. There out there but I am looking at delivery fees - lol. A new one - forget about it! There is a waiting list. How does that even factor in these reviews I see.

2. Mar 15, 2024 at 6:38 PM
    Terndrerrr

Terndrerrr 933000 miles to go

Member:
    Music City
    Vehicle:
    6UR-FE
    RAS, 285/75 DTs, dual battery, SS3 Pro
    All of these auto publications need to have something to talk about in order to even exist. Extremely long generations like Toyota has done with the Tundra, Sequoia, 4Runner, and Land Cruiser give these publications nothing to talk about. Motor Trend does not care AT ALL that it’s the most reliable in the segment with the highest resale value. They don’t get new crap to hype every year for clicks.

ZappBrannigan likes this.
  3. Mar 15, 2024 at 6:41 PM
    blenton

blenton New Member

Member:
    Cuz GM and domestics pay them more to review their SUV’s??

To Top