1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Wiring bar lights to Auxbeam 12 switch controller

Discussion in '3rd Gen Tundras (2022+)' started by WhiteDevil1978, Apr 26, 2024.

1. Apr 26, 2024 at 11:57 PM
    WhiteDevil1978

WhiteDevil1978 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dustin
    Vehicle:
    2023 Tundra SR5 TRD Off-Road
    Hi everyone! I am relative new to wiring of lights. I have installed a couple light bars on my truck so far, but now instead of each having their own switch in the cab, they will all be wired directly to the motherboard on the Auxbeam 12 switch controller. I the light are wired directly to that Auxbeam motherboard, is a wiring harness equipped with a relay even necessary anymore? I would like to remove that external relay from the equation, but I do not want to fry anything. The Auxbeam controller is equipped with a relay itself, plus each circuit has it's own appropriately rated fuse built in. Can any of you guys who know more than myself tell me if the relay must stay, wiring harness relay can go. Thanks in advance!

2. Apr 27, 2024 at 1:24 PM
    terraj66

terraj66 New Member

Member:
    Las vegas
    You don’t need the relays. Just wire the positive wnd negative terminals straight to the aux and make sure you’re in the right amp draw

WhiteDevil1978[OP] likes this.
  3. Apr 27, 2024 at 5:55 PM
    WhiteDevil1978

WhiteDevil1978 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dustin
    Vehicle:
    2023 Tundra SR5 TRD Off-Road
    Took the day and installed the Auxbeam and the new LED bar lights to it. The Auxbeam doesn't come with a Low Profile Mini "add a fuse", so everything is wired in and installed except the 5a power supply to the Auxbeam. The "add a fuse" and some 5a fuses will arrive tomorrow via Amazon. After digging a bit harder, I found out exactly what you just said and butchered the relay kit that came with the Rough Country lights to salvage the wire and loom. The only thing left to do is put power to the controller itself. Should be powered up tomorrow! I don't think I have ever used so many zip ties at one time in my life. I will add that this item is PERFECT if you are trying to get a clean wire install along a Prinsu rack..... 8020, 12314, 10 and 25 Series Nylon Cable Zip Tie Mounting Block 80/20 Cable Tie Mount for Wire Management (25 Pack) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01605660Q

terraj66[QUOTED] likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top