1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

06 Tundra Limited Door lock and windows…

Discussion in '1st Gen Tundras (2000-2006)' started by Chanthem, May 8, 2024.

1. May 8, 2024 at 2:47 PM
    Chanthem

Chanthem [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    06’ Black Tundra Limited
    I bought an 06 Tundra Limited. I cannot use the door pad to lock the doors. I also cannot operate any other windows from drivers door window switch panel (the drivers window works). The other windows work from each respective door. Key Fob does lock and unlock. The lock and unlock also work from the door only when the truck is off and key is out. Once the truck is turned on, the door locks no longer operate from the drivers side lock buttons. When I test drove, all buttons in the drivers door worked. Went back a week later to pickup, noticed shortly afree that the door buttons didn’t work. Also, not sure if related. But the sunroof doesn’t seal correctly, they though bad sunroof motor. Was told on my test drive about the issue. When picking up the truck was told that the tech unhooked the motor. I have since hooked up and tried to trouble shoot that issue. So not sure if that could be related or not.

Have replaced all fuses relating to power doors/windows. Unhooked the battery and left sit and hooked back up. Replaced entire switch/module. Unsuccessful sequences like the window reset and turn key three times. Unsure what to possibly look at next.

2. May 8, 2024 at 3:36 PM
    shifty`

shifty` call-response overturns conviction every time

Member:
    ATL
    Vehicle:
    '06 AC Limited V8/4WD
    (see signature for truck info)
    Some people have overcome this issue by simply unplugging and re-plugging the connector on the rear of the driver switch panel. It's happened a few times, this fixed a couple times.

But I'll ask, in case that doesn't work for you:

Did anyone ever install an alarm in the vehicle? And when I ask you this, I don't need a "I don't see anything spliced under the dash!", like, I'd prefer you check behind the door card, look for any relays someone might've spliced in.

3. May 8, 2024 at 4:14 PM
    jerryallday

jerryallday New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jerry
    Pasadena, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2006 DC SR5 V8 Grey
    6112 lift, Camburg UCA, 17 methods on 33inch Ko2 tires
    Check fuses RAD 1-3, check fuse SHORT DCC

4. May 8, 2024 at 5:17 PM
    Chanthem

Chanthem [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    06’ Black Tundra Limited
    I will look into this tomorrow and get back with you. I do know the head unit has been replaced. An Alpine unit with the back up camera. I believe it was a stock item in BMWs. But don’t think there’s been an added alarm system.

5. May 9, 2024 at 7:54 AM
    KNABORES

KNABORES Sarcasm incoming

Member:
    Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    2000 Limited TRD AC 4X4 Thunder Grey 270k miles. 2019 Limited TRD CM 4x4 Cement Grey 75k miles
    2000: Bilstein 5100's 16x8 589's with 265/75/16 and 1.25" spacers Flowmaster 50 series over the axle dump Pioneer touchscreen with backup camera Full interior and dash LED conversion Trailer brake controller with 7 pin Bedliner coat bumpers & trim ARE topper 2019: ARE topper with full Bedrug kit and Vortex rack TRD shifter 1.25" wheel spacers (I like to live dangerously) Red tow hooks for that +15 grip bonus
    What was a stock item in BMWs? Your head unit?

6. May 9, 2024 at 9:04 AM
    Chanthem

Chanthem [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    06’ Black Tundra Limited
    Yes and the back up camera, that is what the salesman told me anyhow.

7. May 9, 2024 at 10:03 AM
    KNABORES

KNABORES Sarcasm incoming

Member:
    Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    2000 Limited TRD AC 4X4 Thunder Grey 270k miles. 2019 Limited TRD CM 4x4 Cement Grey 75k miles
    2000: Bilstein 5100's 16x8 589's with 265/75/16 and 1.25" spacers Flowmaster 50 series over the axle dump Pioneer touchscreen with backup camera Full interior and dash LED conversion Trailer brake controller with 7 pin Bedliner coat bumpers & trim ARE topper 2019: ARE topper with full Bedrug kit and Vortex rack TRD shifter 1.25" wheel spacers (I like to live dangerously) Red tow hooks for that +15 grip bonus
    Ah, salesmen. Makes more sense now. I can assure you, much like everything else the salesman said, that is horseshit. Not that it helps you solve your problem. Not sure if the sunroof and windows are related, but that dealer didn’t do you any favors. It is suspicious that the unhooking of the sunroof motor coincided with the window problem. Worth an investigation.

shifty` likes this.
  8. May 9, 2024 at 10:56 AM
    shifty`

shifty` call-response overturns conviction every time

Member:
    ATL
    Vehicle:
    '06 AC Limited V8/4WD
    (see signature for truck info)
    All an Alpine and backup camera tell me is:
    • Someone either DIY or paid someone to alter the truck
    • There's a good chance they spliced some wires somewhere to make it happen
    • Now you're seeing weird electrical behavior
    • There's a solid chance there was, or are still parts of other customizations like an alarm.
    But seriously, I'm not kidding. Others have found that simply unplugging all connectors behind the driver's armrest control block, checking for bent pins and corrosion, then re-plugging, has solved similar issues. Best guess?

And never forget the job of a salesperson: To sell you stuff. Some will tell you anything to make the sale. If you don't know any better, always be skeptical.

Can't tell you how many poor suckers didn't know all this stuff, and have landed here on the forum because they got sold a truck with a rotten ass frame. Hopefully your frame is still intact. Especially if your truck ever lived somewhere that saw road salt. People are great at covering things up. And the kind of salesperson who'd bullshit you into believing the Alpine system in your truck was something BMW used. I may be mistaken, but I'm fairly sure most of what BMW installs is HK, B&O, or B&W brands. I think there was an Alpine amp you could get for some, but I've only ever seen HK (Harmon Kardon), which is linked to JBL, who also made the premium audio for our trucks.

9. May 9, 2024 at 5:28 PM
    Chanthem

Chanthem [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    06’ Black Tundra Limited
    Def understandable. Will dig into the pins and connections and start really looking there.

Products Discussed in

To Top