1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2024 Factory installed TRD Lift

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Nonor, Nov 21, 2023.

1. Nov 21, 2023 at 7:47 PM
    Nonor

Nonor [OP] New Member

Member:
    Hello everyone,

I just (a couple of weeks ago) picked up a new 2024 Limited Tundra with the OR package and the factory-installed lift. As many of you know, the fog lights need to be removed by the dealer when getting it installed, but since it was a factory install, the truck already had the blanks. I looked for info reading this to see if popping the bezel off and removing the blanks would show a live wire to use, and to my surprise, it does! I ordered cheap $115 LED fog lights from Amazon, and they plugged right in; a simple turn on the stock and the lights were on.

I also ordered the AEF hooks. I have seen some pictures of these installed over the sway bar spacer, but no straight answers from anyone; I also plan to use this as temp insurance until a new hybrid bumper is installed. Lastly, I ordered the corrected skid plate from Talons Garage, that accounts for the sway bar drop, with the holidays I won't be getting it until next week, can't wait to correct the little mistakes that Toyota made with this package.

No pictures for now, I will share more when it is finished

2. Nov 21, 2023 at 8:19 PM
    Kap1

Kap1 New Member

Member:
    San Francisco, CA
    Vehicle:
    2022 1794
    I'm not sure if anyone has the answer yet, but does the factory installed 3in lift is a better quality work than having it installed at the dealership?

I wondering because this factory installed lift is a brand new option, and I'm curious if the guys who are installing it at the factory had the training and know what they're doing with this install?

To sum it up... How does your factory installed lift looks and rides like?

Taikowaza likes this.
  3. Nov 21, 2023 at 10:05 PM
    Porkchop253

Porkchop253 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2023 Platinum Hybrid
    Trd lift. Heritage grill. Painted grill surround. Ceramic tint. Bfg ko2. Leer canopy.
    I would ask for the factory lights back that they took out before buying from Amazon.

4. Nov 22, 2023 at 2:17 AM
    Blufin

Blufin Seasoned member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Vehicle:
    23 Capstone
    When I had ordered my rig I didn't know any better at the time, and ordered it with the AVS and the lift,long of the short is those two can't be combined,anyway the lift was going to be done at the Stealership and it was going to take 15 hours.
    Really!?
    He also told me they haven't done one yet....
    Yeah, IK, don't forget we are going back 8 months now and back then it wasn't offered by the factory.
    I would prefer it by the factory and not have it done by guys who are new to this procedure & YOU are paying by the hour for them to learn on.
    I'd ask how many they have done and get idea of a turn around time.
    JMOE.

BTW congrats on your new Rig your going to love it.

Kap1[QUOTED] and Taikowaza like this.
  5. Nov 22, 2023 at 6:16 AM
    TundraRod5

TundraRod5 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rodney
    Vehicle:
    2023 Tundra TRD Sport Lunar Rock
    I have a 23 TRD Sport. Did the TRD 3inch lift. Dealership matched the online price and installed for me. Running 35s on a 18x9 Fuel. I dont notice a difference in ride from the factory set up. Truck is brand new and I got it all done with only a couple hundred miles on it. 1700 miles now and it feels great. Very happy.

Doubt you will see a difference with a dealership installation to factory. Both should be done right. My dealership had a "lift guy" that does all their TRD lifts and they do them on stock trucks too prior to selling. Obviously on the 22 and 23s. So he know what to do and how to handle it. Also got to keep my fogs which was the best part!

fwsmitty and Kap1 like this.
  6. Nov 25, 2023 at 9:02 PM
    jiggity84

jiggity84 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    Vehicle:
    2024-Lunar Rock-Limited TRD Off-road
    Factory installed OEM 3” lift kit
    Hello. I just purchased a 2024 Limited TRD Off-road package and had the factory installed lift kit installed already. I was also curious about the fog lights not being installed and if the harness was behind the “blanks”? Can you confirm that both harnesses are in fact behind the blanks they installed after removing them? Any idea why they have to be removed? The fog light switch is on the console lever for fog lights. Want to place an order for some Amber ones.

Thanks, Jacob.

7. Nov 26, 2023 at 6:07 AM
    JNeemus

JNeemus New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Arroyo Grande, CA
    Vehicle:
    2024 Tundra Limited

Hi, I just installed an oem set I bought off another member. I had the TRD lift from the factory on a Limited TRD Off road. When you remove the blank inserts the factory wiring harness is plugged into the blanks. It only took me about 5 minutes to get the fog lights installed and working!

jiggity84[QUOTED] likes this.
  8. Nov 26, 2023 at 6:32 AM
    jiggity84

jiggity84 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    Vehicle:
    2024-Lunar Rock-Limited TRD Off-road
    Factory installed OEM 3” lift kit
    Thank you for the reply. This was on a Gen 3 (2022+)?

9. Nov 26, 2023 at 10:14 AM
    JNeemus

JNeemus New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Arroyo Grande, CA
    Vehicle:
    2024 Tundra Limited
    yes a 3rd gen 2024

I work for Toyota, our internal system shows these lifts as FIO-factory installed options, they are not PIO-port installed options.

10. Nov 26, 2023 at 7:20 PM
    Nonor

Nonor [OP] New Member

Member:
    I did the Amazon lights, ever is pre wired. Just remove the plastic grill lower cover, remove 2 screws per blank, the plug is inserted on the back of the blank, plug the light, use the same 2 screws and replace plastic trim. Like mentioned before it took longer to tape the edges to avoid scratching the bumper painted corners than installing the lights.

11. Nov 27, 2023 at 6:53 AM
    ryanwgregg

ryanwgregg 45,000 miles & counting...

Member:
    DFW, TX
    Vehicle:
    VXKA75L-PSUZZA
    .....OEM+ Mods..... ..I DO NOT WORK.. ....FOR TOYOTA....
    @Eurodriver - @JNeemus is correct. Running a VIN that has the TRD Lift installed from the factory, shows it as being FIO and not PIO. So 100% factory.

Polo08816 likes this.
  12. Nov 30, 2023 at 11:15 AM
    lordvon01

lordvon01 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Junction City, OR
    Vehicle:
    2024 Tundra TRD Off-road
    N/A
    Hey all, I found out that my OR doesn't have fog lights. While searching I came across this. All the links don't work can someone grab it fresh or give me the info to look up on Amazon?

13. Nov 30, 2023 at 12:34 PM
    ryanwgregg

Member:
    DFW, TX
    Vehicle:
    VXKA75L-PSUZZA
    What exactly are you looking for?

14. Nov 30, 2023 at 1:27 PM
    lordvon01

lordvon01 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Junction City, OR
    Vehicle:
    2024 Tundra TRD Off-road
    N/A
    I am looking for fog lights that will fit the OEM wiring. From my research if you have a TRD lift the dealership removes the fog lights and replaces them with trim. I bought my truck with the lift already completed so there isn't a way to ask them for a set of fog lights for my truck.

ryanwgregg likes this.
  15. Nov 30, 2023 at 2:21 PM
    ryanwgregg

Member:
    DFW, TX
    Vehicle:
    VXKA75L-PSUZZA
    I’ll get you what you need shortly.

16. Nov 30, 2023 at 3:00 PM
    NickBrewer

NickBrewer New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2023 Toyota Tundra 1794 Edition Magnetic Gray Metallic
    The fog lights from Rigid are plug and play, can be had in either Amber or White: https://www.rigidindustries.com/shop-vehicles.html?find=2023-toyota-tundra-1459&sid=5863b5UPHQ

Toyota even offers them as accessories for the Tundra.

cypressexplorer and ryanwgregg like this.
  17. Dec 2, 2023 at 7:58 AM
    Nonor

Nonor [OP] New Member

Member:
  18. Dec 2, 2023 at 1:51 PM
    Kap1

Kap1 New Member

Member:
    San Francisco, CA
    Vehicle:
    2022 1794
    Also check out diode dynamics, they also got plug and play fog lights, pretty good and more affordable than Rigid brand

ryanwgregg likes this.
  19. Dec 2, 2023 at 3:16 PM
    ryanwgregg

Member:
    DFW, TX
    Vehicle:
    VXKA75L-PSUZZA
    Toyota OEM Fog Lights
    81210-0C050 - Lamp Assy, Fog, RH
    81220-0C040 - Lamp Assy, Fog, LH

There are several aftermarket options. IMHO, purchasing anything automotive on Amazon is not advisable.

Baja Designs - https://www.bajadesigns.com/product...-toyota-2022-on-tundra/?vid=161424&sku=448162
    Diode Dynamics - https://www.diodedynamics.com/ss6-led-fog-light-kit-for-2022-2023-toyota-tundra.html
    Heretic Studios (Amber) - https://www.hereticstudio.com/produ...ries-3?rq=yr_2022~mk_toyota~md_tundra-crewmax
    Heretic Studios (White) - https://www.hereticstudio.com/produ...ries-3?rq=yr_2022~mk_toyota~md_tundra-crewmax
    Rigid (Amber) - https://www.rigidindustries.com/2022-toyota-tundra-selective-yellow-fog-light-kit-37201.html
    Rigid (White) - https://www.rigidindustries.com/2022-toyota-tundra-white-fog-light-kit-37202.html

20. Dec 2, 2023 at 4:09 PM
    WITCHBANE

WITCHBANE New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joseph
    Vehicle:
    2024 Tundra Platinum TRD Off Road
    I have the 2024 Platinum TRD OR, and am actually getting the factory TRD Lift Kit installed since yesterday.

For reference, prior to the lift kit I installed the @Diode Dynamics Amber Fog Light Kit, Stealth Light Bar Kit, which has amazing coverage and output I might add and highly recommend. I also installed the OEM TRD PRO grille, and OEM TRD PRO fog light garnish (Digital Camo).

Today, I spoke with the Service Advisor for an update, and he referenced their install manuals and an online installation video. He informed me that they did not have to remove the front grill for installing the factory TRD Lift Kit or for adjusting sensors and lighting. I ensured him that I had not moved any sensors or cameras, but only replaced the the grill and the added lighting, and anything else that is required for the install please make sure it is done correctly. No issues he said. The Service Advisor also stated that he and several other dealership employees have 3rd Gen Tundras, and after seeing my kit and how well Toyota has put together a complete product, they too will be getting this lift done.

With all this being said, no fog lights should were removed or replaced with trim/garnish pieces. Hope this helps answer some questions and I'll post pictures as soon as possible for follow up.

lordvon01, Polo08816 and Kap1[QUOTED] like this.
  21. Dec 6, 2023 at 5:55 AM
    lordvon01

lordvon01 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Junction City, OR
    Vehicle:
    2024 Tundra TRD Off-road
    N/A
    That's what gets me. My 3rd gen SR5 Tacoma had fog lights as a standard equipment. I didn't notice the fog lights on my Tundra being gone. It's definitely equipped for it and I have the switch in the same spot as my Tacoma. The indicator comes on same as the Tacoma. The lights are simply aren't there. That's why I started to research and ask around and everybody said the same thing. You get the TRD lift and they remove the fog lights and replace that those fake fillers. Not sure why and i didn't realize they were missing until I left it running to see how the adjusted headlights work and that's when I notice no additional light when I turned on the fogs.

22. Dec 6, 2023 at 7:29 AM
    packheavy

packheavy New Member

Member:
    Not to derail thread but those of you with TRD lift how are you managing the skid plate? I've read it doesn't fit due to the sway bar.
    I'm getting the lift right now.

lordvon01 likes this.
  23. Dec 6, 2023 at 7:34 AM
    lordvon01

lordvon01 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Junction City, OR
    Vehicle:
    2024 Tundra TRD Off-road
    N/A
    Mine came with a "skid" plate sort of. I am looking at an aftermarket version vs purchasing the TRD version. I sent a couple of emails out to companies that made them to verify they will fit with the factory TRD lift. Now, I am super new to Tundra's and having 4x4 in general. So, I expect someone to come into this thread and provide additional information on the subject. If the companies come back and say "yeah, you'll be fine" then I will post the reply in this thread or build an entirely new thread.

24. Dec 6, 2023 at 7:37 AM
    packheavy

packheavy New Member

Member:
    I did see a youtube video where he cut ~ 3-4x3-4" inch section of metal off the skid plate and it fit fine thereafter. Odd to have the sway bar on the outside of the plate (IMO).

I did tell them not to disable the fog lights.

25. Dec 6, 2023 at 8:32 AM
    lordvon01

lordvon01 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Junction City, OR
    Vehicle:
    2024 Tundra TRD Off-road
    N/A
    RCI replied and said there skid plate will work with the factory TRD lift.

CringyDad likes this.
  26. Dec 6, 2023 at 8:35 AM
    jgoliath

jgoliath Northeast Rust Fighter

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2022 Tundra, SR5 Offroad, Lunar Rock
    It will work if you
    1. Don’t install the sway bar spacers that come with the Trd lift kit.
    Or 2. Are fine with the sway bar being below the skid plate.
    I have the .75 icon sway bar spacers which is much less of a sway bar drop than what comes with the Trd lift kit and I had to shim my RCI skid plate .75 inches lower to keep the sway bar underneath the skid plate.

27. Dec 6, 2023 at 8:40 AM
    packheavy

packheavy New Member

Member:
    Spoke with my tech. They said they don't need the spacers and it is fine w/o them. No skid plate mods. I have a skid plate just not the TRD Skid Plate.
    I have to decide if I really needs the TRD skid plate or aftermarket option for better protection.

My 2010 Tundra had a standard skid plate I have taken that thing OR a lot. Never had an issue. Might be a don't need until you really needed it.

28. Dec 6, 2023 at 8:44 AM
    ryanwgregg

Member:
    DFW, TX
    Vehicle:
    VXKA75L-PSUZZA
    You need to install the sway bar spacers...your ride and articulation will be ruined without the spacers installed...

NoHater likes this.
  29. Dec 6, 2023 at 8:57 AM
    G3ardnut

G3ardnut Brushed Chrome is COOL

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    2023 Limited TRD Offroad Crewmax Celestial Silver Metallic
    Maybe I missed it or it's a stupid question but why does Toyota remove the fogs lights if you get a factory 3" lift.

30. Dec 6, 2023 at 9:03 AM
    TundraRod5

TundraRod5 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rodney
    Vehicle:
    2023 Tundra TRD Sport Lunar Rock
    Some states don’t allow fog lights to be a certain distance off the ground. So to protect themselves. They just remove.

G3ardnut[QUOTED] likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top