1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Another P2440 Code Talk

Discussion in '2nd Gen Tundras (2007-2013)' started by atran38, May 9, 2024.

1. May 9, 2024 at 8:55 AM
    atran38

atran38 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tundra 5.7
    Hi,
    I have a 2010 Tundra 5.7. I read quite a few chats about the Hewitt-Tek bypass kits. Are there photos of installs and what to look out for with the bypass kit? Also, which product do is recommended, the Gen I or II?
    Read alot of good info on the product but debating if I should just bite the bullet and get the switch valves replaced and repaired.
    If I use the bypass kit, are there any long term effect on the motor or reliability?
    thanks in advance :)

2. May 9, 2024 at 2:01 PM
    Orions Dad

Orions Dad New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tundra 4.7L
    I had the switching valves on my 4.7L fail 2x once at 135k and at 250k after the 2 nd failure I got the Hewitt Gen 2 kit, you will want the Gen 2. The install was pretty easy you replace the driver module than run cables to the switching valves and using included block off plates that mount between the switching valves and the tubes that go to the exhaust manifold. Failure to use the block off plates could cause the pressure sensors in the switching valves to fail you could blow a code resulting in limp mode. You could delete the switching valves if you get the pressure sensor pig tail but they are $200 each, you would need 2 one for each bank

3. May 9, 2024 at 2:53 PM
    atran38

atran38 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tundra 5.7
    thanks Orions. So in addition to the bypass kit, I will need 2 of the pressure sensor pig tail?

4. May 9, 2024 at 6:47 PM
    Orions Dad

Orions Dad New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tundra 4.7L
    You don’t have to get the pig tails you only need them if you want to delete the switching valve.

The owner is happy to talk on the phone if you have any questions

5. May 14, 2024 at 10:15 AM
    Satray01

Satray01 New Member

Member:
    I have an 08 4.7 and threw that code last year. Installed the plug n play hewitt gen 2 kit and installed the block off plates and just yesterday I threw the code again. I'm guessing maybe the plate I installed on bank 2 didnt seal enough and ended up damaging that pressure sensor.
    So either I pay another 225 for the Hewitt kit which they said on the phone is just a Denso sensor with their pigtail on it, or spend $120-150 for one off Rockauto or Amazon and take apart that side again to install the sensor. There doesnt appear to be a way to install it from the outside without having to remove the entire unit.

Products Discussed in

To Top