1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Another (soon to be) Tundra newbie

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Eznk1, Apr 17, 2024.

1. Apr 17, 2024 at 7:48 PM
    Eznk1

Eznk1 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Vehicle:
    2024 Tundra
    Greetings all. I’ve been looking at the new Tundras for a couple of months and am about ready to pull the trigger and join this community. I’ve always been a “big three” guy but really like the Gen3 Toyota trucks.

I have been impressed by the wealth of knowledge and civility on this forum and am hopeful you guys can help me with a couple of questions before I sign:

-The consensus seems to be that extended warranties are a worthwhile investment. Can someone point me the best place to buy one?

-I’ve seen a couple of recent comments stating that Tundra prices are dropping. Would you recommend I buy now or wait a bit longer? This won’t be my primary vehicle.

Thanks in advance for your help. I’m sure I’ll have a ton of other questions but don’t want to make my opening post any longer. :)

2. Apr 17, 2024 at 7:55 PM
    SM Tundra

SM Tundra New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Vehicle:
    2024 Limited Smoked Mesquite Tundra
    Welcome to the forum! I bought my warranty from FD-Warranty and the price was extremely good. Troy really has great prices to offer and had it done the same day I emailed him.
    As for the pricing, shop around and find the dealer that has the best offer to give for the truck you want. I bought mine back in February and saved around 5,000 and was very happy with that. But will only buy from one certain dealer in my state so wasn’t going to waste time shopping around. With the economy the way it is the dealers seem like the want to move inventory but also the tundra is selling better then it ever has before, so who really knows how long deals will last or when will be the best time to get a great deal. People are saying to wait till summer but no one really knows. Hope you are able to find the truck you want with the best discount you can find! Always nice to walk away from the dealer thinking you won (even though they always win)!

3. Apr 18, 2024 at 4:45 AM
    Bakershack

Bakershack Critical of Noncritical Thinkers

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelly
    Spanish Fort, AL
    Vehicle:
    2020 SSM 1794 4x4
    Welcome from LA (Lower Alabama)! The extended warranty is good for peace of mind if you plan to keep the truck for long enough for it to matter. Of course the goal is for it to never be needed.

I think prices have settled about as much as they're going to. You can find deals well under MSRP if you put in the effort. Good luck!

4. Apr 18, 2024 at 5:50 PM
    Eznk1

Eznk1 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Vehicle:
    2024 Tundra
    Thanks! This will get me started.

5. Apr 19, 2024 at 7:24 PM
    Jim LE 1301

Jim LE 1301 Camaro Lover, SSEM # 11,TTC#179