1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Diode Dynamics OE fog lights.

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by TheBeast, Sep 22, 2021.

1. Jul 11, 2024 at 12:25 PM
    nasher75

nasher75 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Erik
    Los Gatos, CA
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma TRDS 4X4, 2021 Tundra LR TRD Pro
    Well, I might be step back and return the DD Fog's I bought because the geometry of the brackets that come with the universal mounted lights is not going to very simple to home fabricate a metal to metal mounting solution. At least not for me. I thought it might be a simple L bracket like some folks are doing with the aftermarket Rigid's, but it's not going to work. So I'm tempted to put off fog upgrade for now and wait to see what you might come up with for a solution for the direct fit kit. I have a Pro, so everything is plastic down there, lol

Spent a couple hours looking at the space down there an couldn't dream up anything simple to use the Max SS3's I bought

2. Jul 26, 2024 at 5:16 AM
    kwphila

kwphila New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tundra DBL
    Anyone purchased DD elite series/amber fogs for 2014-20 tundra recently? DD website seems to say on back order. Im just trying to get realistic turnaround time. Also ive read previous posts on wiring backlight feature. I also have ihacker dimming harness, and was wondering if anyone had a good write up of best place to tap into with this set up? Anyone running these for a while now have an updated review, still happy with light output and performance, do they mount stabil in existing stock bumper without shaking etc? Thanks for any info you may have

3. Jul 26, 2024 at 5:28 AM
    Gaston

Gaston New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    SE MI
    Vehicle:
    2021 White Tundra SR5 CM TRD Sport
    memario1214, nasher75 and RobertD like this.
  4. Jul 26, 2024 at 6:04 AM
    nasher75

nasher75 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Erik
    Los Gatos, CA
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma TRDS 4X4, 2021 Tundra LR TRD Pro
    @kwphila I second the post above. Hotshot Off Road is a great business to patronize and he has been a huge source of shared information on this forum. He can get you sorted with the parts you need and answer your technical questions about installation and integration

memario1214 likes this.
  5. Jul 26, 2024 at 6:10 AM
    kwphila

kwphila New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tundra DBL
    Appreciate the replys, I am going to reach out to him and will be sure to update. JUST GOT finished installing 2019 Oem LED pro headlights and used @iHacker through this site, and cant post enough positive feedback about that experience. Its great to have real reviews and endorsements through this community and i appreciate the feedback!

WFD473 likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top