1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Ironman 4x4 front bumpers released

Discussion in '3rd Gen Tundras (2022+)' started by BabyMoose, Dec 19, 2023.

1. Dec 19, 2023 at 12:57 PM
    BabyMoose

BabyMoose [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2023 Tundra Limited TRD Off-Road
    CBI bed rack, Decked storage, OVS Nomadic 2 RTT
  2. Jan 23, 2024 at 5:54 PM
    PapaDave418

PapaDave418 A Dude who knows a Dude

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    North Idaho
    Vehicle:
    3rd Gen Limited TRD
    37’s—PullKitchen--KB Voodoo Rack & Full Ext Cargo Tray
    Anyone bite yet on this? I love the triple hoop design, beefy and functional

3. Apr 17, 2024 at 7:25 AM
    korslite

korslite New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Bellingham, WA
    Vehicle:
    2022 SR5 TRD OR 6.5' Bed
    I'm shocked Ironman doesn't get more love here especially with ARB slow to market with their 3rd Gen offerings. R&D and quality seem to be similar, pricing is good, US distribution, cheap freight shipping, crash tested and certified in AUS, tested and rated recovery points... If I could justify a full blown bumper replacement for our current use they'd be top of the list for functionality and value. Understandably some may be buying for aesthetics over these other reasons which is fair. Their slimmed down Raid model is top of my mod list for the ability to run a winch and rated recovery points. I'd love to see more real world pics if anyone has gone with any of their three options!

PapaDave418[QUOTED] likes this.
  4. Apr 17, 2024 at 7:42 AM
    BabyMoose

Member:
    Vehicle:
    @korslite I agree. My only hold concern right now is weight. The IM4x4 triple hoop listed as 284 pounds is hard to swallow. Even their suspension heavy springs are listed as up to 240 pounds..... C4 full bar/ triple hoop is listed at #182 cor comparison. That extra 100# seems like a lot.....

5. Apr 17, 2024 at 7:57 AM
    bmw345

bmw345 New Member

Member:
    CT
    2018 Platinum Pro, Pro Fox's TRD Skid
    I think their stuff is made overseas(China and Thailand) so that would be the reason lots of people would be hesitant. Quality of welds and stuff like that. IMO

6. Apr 17, 2024 at 9:24 AM
    korslite

korslite New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Bellingham, WA
    Vehicle:
    2022 SR5 TRD OR 6.5' Bed
    Weight is the primary reason I can't justify a full bumper for the way I use my rig as well. Already quite heavy with camper on the truck. I will say though the weight comes with the build quality, same as ARB bull bars, they are also crazy heavy. Not to say C4 and the others don't have good engineering behind their products, but large companies like ARB and Ironman are likely engineering to a higher strength and durability standard.

7. Apr 17, 2024 at 10:40 AM
    Tundramadeonafriday

Tundramadeonafriday New Member

Member:
    Vancouver, BC
    Vehicle:
    2022 Tundra Limited Hybrid
    Hello, new to the forums here. I usually like to sit and watch and read threads in bed and then fall asleep. I couldn’t help but to post on this specific thread because i would like to share with you all. I came from a 2018 taco, fully rigged out/regeared somewhat all the bells and whistles. Got rid of it because i wanted more power, space and size. No regrets at all.

I would like to share with you all the ironman bumper i have installed for my 22 tundra. It is absolutely fantastic, the tow hooks is a big thing, quality is top notch, especially with the weld joints, even my parking sonar sensors work with no issues. Im in the process on getting ironman 4x4 foam cell suspension to rid of a slight squat in the front becus of the front bumper, but other than that…. Its very similar to ARB styling. Being a limited model trim, i can confirm that yes the active airdam gets deleted and the motor for it gets relocated.

So far, first Ironman bumper install in BC if not in all Canada, i will post more pictures once they finish with the recalls on the truck(at the dealer right now for the fuel tube and the transmission software update)

IMG_7240.jpg A50CDA3F-E2E4-4899-B8D1-8822D1FC1049.jpg IMG_7212.jpg

8. Apr 17, 2024 at 10:47 AM
    BabyMoose

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Thanks @Tundramadeonafriday! You're the first I've seen online that isn't obviously sponsored/connected to Ironman. I look forward to your feedback on the suspension, as again I've only seen sponsored content so far about it.

9. Apr 17, 2024 at 11:04 AM
    Tundramadeonafriday

Member:
    Vancouver, BC
    Vehicle:
    The triple hoop was a bit too much for my liking, thats why i settled with the single hoop. When i had my tacoma it had the c4 hybrid with the mid bullbar

10. Apr 17, 2024 at 12:43 PM
    40man

40man New Member

Member:
    I have IM suspension and bull bar on my 200 Land Cruiser. Good stuff for the price. Bumper has held up well. I agree that almost 300 lbs is a lot for a bumper. I wish Dissent would make one similar to their Sequoia bumper.

tempImage4ixoLe.png
    20230609_163855.jpg

11. Apr 17, 2024 at 9:04 PM
    Tundramadeonafriday

Member:
    Vancouver, BC
    Vehicle:

Just a question. How do you like the ironmans on the lc200? I assume it should ride the same as the tundra. Ive had experience riding on dobinsons on my taco. I like them but i want to try a foamcell approach

12. Apr 17, 2024 at 9:12 PM
    40man

40man New Member

Member:
    They are pretty nice all around. Slightly firmer than stock and decent offroad. Definitely worth the price, especially if you get them on one of their many 25% off sales. I do a lot of road trips and the FCPs have been very comfortable. When they wear out I'll replace shocks with the same, easier than rebuilding like you feel you need to with Kings, etc. Tough Dog makes similar foam shocks that have had decent reviews as well. Not sure if they have a Tundra option.

The 200 is a lot smoother than a 2nd gen Tundra. My 23 Pro rides almost as good on road as my stock 200 did.

13. Apr 18, 2024 at 6:34 AM
    MadMaxCanon

MadMaxCanon New Member

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    '21 CM SR5 4x4 6 seater
    Too many, but not enough....
    I cant speak to this new 3rd gen bumper, but my 2.5 gen front bumper from IM has superb quality. not a single rust spot after 2 years, no finishing issues, the welds looked amazing, the hardware was top notch and the install video was perfect, along with the fitment. It was one of the best value mods I did.

BabyMoose[OP] and korslite like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top