1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TRD Sway Bar 2023 1794

Discussion in '3rd Gen Tundras (2022+)' started by LouALouA, Mar 23, 2023.

1. Aug 11, 2024 at 8:41 AM
    maldo012

maldo012 23 tundra hybrid

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Chicago
    Vehicle:
    23 Tundra Hybrid-Limited
    3inch dobinsons ims struts w/Rough Country 1.5inch spring/M1 shocks in the rear— Icon Uca — Hostile maniac 20inch w/general grabber atx tires — Perry parts front bumps - alpharex luxx headlights— swapped many parts with trd body components— race off-road trd grill etc

so did you end up needing the 90105-A0232 bolts and PT983-34340 cap , link adapters? and you used the 48820 and 48810-0c030 stabilizers? For the trd sway bar?

2. Aug 24, 2024 at 3:06 PM
    az 3rdGen

az 3rdGen New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2022 Black Tundra SR5
    Ok.... I am getting to this late... I wanted to wait until I completed the install before giving further advice.. Had this stuff laying around for months and figured today was the perfect day to get it done (Been working on the wife's 4runner and house stuff most weekends). Here is everything I know from my experience today.

For reference, I am installing this on a stock suspension SR5. This is what I did to replace the front black antisway bar for the red TRD antisway bar.

Parts needed:

1X Bar Sub-Assy, FR Stabilizer
    Part Number: 48804-0C020

1X Link Assy, FR Stabilizer, LH
    Part Number: 48810-0C030

1X Link Assy, FR Stabilizer
    Part Number: 48820-0C030

Removing the stock bar and end links was easy. Retain the 4 bolts that attach the brackets to the frame, the 2 bolts to attach the end link to the control arm, and the 2 nuts that attach the end links to the sway bar ends. I discarded the stock sway bar and the stock end links.

Now I ran into some confusion when laying out the new equipment. I ordered the longer bolts and caps(spacers) as mentioned above. However, When I compare the stock end links to the TRD end links, they appear to be the same thickness. These are not thicker!

Here is a comparison of the stock end link to the TRD end link. Stock on the left and TRD on the right. You do need the new end links due to the angle of the studs compare to the stock ones. Part numbers listed above.

Now I took a break and did a bit of digging. I found the instructions for the 3 inch TRD lift kit and also looked up some install videos. The end links part numbers referenced in the instructions and video are different than the TRD ones used for this sway bar. These are black end links and are noticeably different in size and construction. Also, some pictures of TRD Pros show the silver end links that are angled the same why that my new ones and no caps(spacers).

Check out this video at minute mark 56:00, they install the lift kit end link and the cap/longer bolt... these are not what is used for this TRD sway bar. So don't order those longer bolts and caps for this upgrade.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKDMZraUBjs

Also used this picture as reference for the TRD Pro setup. You can see these do not use the caps and the bolts resemble the stock ones.

Mocking up the end links on the studs, you can tell you don't need the longer bolts.

Installing the new red one was simple. Reusing all the hardware that the black one used. My advice is to attach the end link to the sway bar then to the lower control arm. once those are attached, raise up the bar and attach to the frame.

I am using the TRD Pro BBS wheels but I do not have any rubbing.

Heres more pictures. I also attached the TRD skid plate after this.

STOCK:

UPGRADE:

Last edited: Aug 24, 2024

Products Discussed in

To Top