1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tundra high beam level ? Help !

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by BobbyA4, Apr 19, 2024.

1. Apr 19, 2024 at 3:15 PM
    BobbyA4

BobbyA4 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Vehicle:
    2016 Toyota Tundra Crew Max SR5
    Ok so let me start with some corniness, I’m a Detective but have a tundra mystery I can’t solve ! (Cue Drum kick)

so I have a 2016 Tundra SR5 and recently bought OEM LED headlights and fog lights , best upgrade ever !

My mechanic installed them, he’s no bum 40 years of experience and a fellow Tundra operator.

me being the OCD fool I am I decide to check them against my garage door to see if they are level. Low beams are nice and level, flip to high beams and my driver side high beam is higher than my passenger high beam. No idea if that’s normal I can drive the hell out of cars but can’t work on them much.

so I manually adjust the high beams nice and level and the mystery begins

flip back to my lows and now they’re off balance ! Manually adjust my lows to level flip back to high now they’re NOT level. I call headlight revolution show them pics they suspect something wrong with passenger headlight and send me a new OEM replacement.

my mechanic installs it and the same problem still exists?!?

am I just tripping, is this normal or should both my highs and lows be level ? Is my Tundra crooked or am I just dumb be gentle if the latter is the case lol

any fellow tundra captains have pics of their high beams on a wall ? Is some variance normal ? Is my passenger headlight not getting the same power from the wires ? The brightness seems equal on both … could it just be because it’s a 2016 not originally equipped with leds?

why would leveling the low throw off the high and vice versa ?

if it’s normal let me know so I can let it go lol

is it possible my passenger side light just sits lower ? It’s never been crashed and is my baby for sure ☺️

thanks for any wisdom ! The pic is my high beams

IMG_8108.jpg

Last edited: Apr 19, 2024

Products Discussed in

To Top